[dev] Hedra - Android Wear Polyhedral (RPG) Dice Roller [xpost /r/android, /r/rpg]

5:13 PM




I've just finished and published my first Android app - Hedra: Polyhedral (RPG) dice roller.


I know Dice Rollers are a dime-a-dozen, but I'm certain that this is the first one (that does more than six-sided dice) for Android Wear! This is also a 3D openGL implementation.


The concept is simple enough; a 3D die displayed on the watch face. Tap the dice to go through the different polyhedrals (also includes a D2/Coin. And I ensured to include percentile dice). Shake the watch to roll.


The functionality of the phone/tablet and wear app is more or less identical though the focus was on the Wear App: Reddit's communities and Google's releases have inspired me to see great potential for this platform that is still untapped. It blows my mind that the GPU in my LG G Watch is superior to my old Nexus One!


As a side note, this was also my first adventure into OpenGL. I worked using entirely free tools (OpenSuSe, Android Studio, Inkscape, Gimp, Blender).


I welcome any and all feedback :)



submitted by Mr_Pendulum

[link] [comment] From Android Wear - [dev] Hedra - Android Wear Polyhedral (RPG) Dice Roller [xpost /r/android, /r/rpg]