"Watch Idle" and high battery life
5:13 PMHaving a Moto 360 I've always paid extra attention to my watches battery life. Some people with 360s get multiple day battery life and some get 12-14 hours (like myself) or even less.
The one thing I've always noticed on the people with high battery life is that "Watch Idle" in the Android Wear app on the phone is reported as extremely high. My "Watch Idle" probably has never gone above 10%. Right now it's at 3%. But I've seen 360 users with reported 20/30/40% Watch Idle and they usually have ridiculous battery life.
What do they do different? I have lots of watch faces installed, but obviously can only use one at a time. Do they still take up processing power that isn't reported even though i don't have them as the active face? Is there a way to check if one of them or an app is using up resources that aren't being reported in the Wear app? Can i check wakelocks on my watch?
Is Watch Idle even what i think it is? It just seems weird to report idle % in an app that's supposed to show what's using battery, not what's not using battery.
submitted by DeadRinga
[link] [1 comment] From Android Wear - "Watch Idle" and high battery life
